Guttering, down-pipes and all bracketry supplied for the restoration of Christ Church Cathedral by Athy Co-op Foundry.
The cathedral was begun in 1038 by King Sitric Silkenbeard, the Danish Viking King of Dublin, for the first Bishop of Dublin, Donat or Donagh (the Diocese of Dublin was at that time a small island surrounded by a huge Diocese of Glendalough, and answered to Canterbury). The church was built on the high ground overlooking the Viking settlement of Wood Quay and Sitric gave the "lands of Baldoyle, Raheny and Portrane for its maintenance".
Christ Church Cathedral is the elder of Dublin's two mediaeval cathedrals, the other being St. Patrick's Cathedral. It is located in the former heart of mediaeval Dublin, next to Wood Quay, at the end of Dame Street.